Parliaments are the most important floors for the implementation of Gender Equality, Women's Empowerment, and (male and female) voters' sensitization towards equality and towards the social profits from valuing women's contribution to National and European (N&E) development and progress.
The low percentages of women's participation in the European Parliament according to the 2014 elections indicate that short term measures and campaigns just before the elections are not as efficient as was expected.
This project aims the continual encouragement of female participation and, more specifically, in the increase of women's participation as voters and as candidates in both the N&E elections and political life.
Encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level, by developing citizens' understanding of the Union policy making-process and promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at Union level.
Objectives of the Project
- Bring together and engage youth representatives, media stakeholders, politicians and researchers from each country in the analysis of the existing barriers to participation in European Policy Making and in the preparation of an integrated strategy for increasing youth and female participation in N&E decision making bodies
- Provide face-to-face and online animation training for women who aspire to a career in N&E politics
- Provide online workshops and participatory seminars for voters, men and women, from a variety of social and professional groups for promoting equality, equity and democratic participation
- Build an electronic forum and website, linked with the electronic social media, for promoting the aim and objectives of the project
- Establish an on line tool for gathering the citizens' opinions
- Produce a short TV film for advertising the campaign and the project’s aims
- Establish a European Network for Women in Politics (EUNWPOL) for sustainable volunteer engagement